Silicone Baby Spoons - SILISPOONS (3 pack)
- 100% high-quality food grade silicone
- Free from BPA, Phthalates, Lead, PVC and other nasties
- Perfect small size for little mouths
- Super soft tip protects baby’s delicate gums and teeth.
- Long non-slip ergonomically designed handles to make feeding new eaters easier
- Dishwasher safe.
The 3-pack comes in two colour combinations:
- sky blue / grey / chartreuse
- blush pink / grey / yellow
WHY SILICONE?NO NASTIES
Food grade silicone is a non-toxic polymer made mostly from silica (sand). Silica is transformed into silicone when combined with other natural elements – oxygen, carbon and hydrogen.
Silicone can withstand heating and freezing without leaching hazardous chemicals, such as BPA, Phthalates and PVC (like some plastic equivalents).
Silicone is a highly durable material, which means it will outlast your kids… even those rambunctious toddlers!
At Peekabee, we are passionate about reducing household waste, and by purchasing silicone products over their plastic counterparts, result in extending shelf like of many everyday items, such as baby spoons!
It is highly flexible and very light-weight. Silicone is classed as a hypoallergenic material because it has no open pores to harbour bacteria. This also means it is super-easy to clean.
Suitable for babies aged 4+ months.
All our products are dishwasher safe, including our spoons.
Do not use abrasive scourers. Take care when washing near sharp objects such as knives (silicone is strong, but not invincible!)
DO NOT place in a steriliser. If you wish to sterilise, simply pop in a mug of boiling water for a minute.
Silicone is a hypoallergenic material, which means it doesn't harbour bacteria like other more porous materials (such as plastic) so it's much easier to keep sterile.
HIGH-PIGMENT FOODS & SPOON COLOURING - Our 1st stage spoons are made from a platinum grade silicone, but because our products are produced without the use of any toxic or harsh chemicals (which some companies use to “seal” products), they can be stained by natural dyes found in heavily pigmented foods such as carrots, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, beets, and blueberries.
We felt it was better to have slightly discoloured spoons, than toxin-loaded ones.
To help mitigate this, we recommend rinsing immediately after each use. If this natural staining occurs, and is of concern, you can try the following:
- soak in a bath of baking soda and vinegar
- place the item in direct sunlight for extended periods of time.