AGE: +12 months
POUCH PORTIONS: 6 pouches
- 1¾ cups plain yogurt
- ¼ cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 230g (8 oz) dried plums/prunes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Steam dried prunes for 10 minutes
- Add all ingredients together and blend until smooth.
Did You Know?
- Prunes (which are actually dried plums) have been sold as a popular digestive remedy for decades mainly because of these three components: fibre, sorbitol (a sugar alcohol that can loosen the stool) and a natural laxative compound called diphenyl isatin. So great for regular bowel movements!
- Dried fruits are a very good choice for children snacks, since they are both delicious and healthy. Try also dried figs, apricots and dates – just make sure you check the label to make sure they aren’t loaded with nasty preservatives.
- You can replace almond milk with rice, soy or any other plant-base milk.