AGE: +12 months
POUCH PORTIONS: 6 pouches
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 6 dried figs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons ground nuts (we use almonds which we grind in a blender, or almond meal. You can also use hazelnuts, brazil nuts or pecans)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- Blend all your ingredients in the mixer, until you obtain a creamy, thick texture
Did You Know?
- Figs can be replaced with grapes (remember to remove the seeds!) or persimmons, depending on the season.
- Figs are packed with calcium, in fact eating just ½ cup of fresh figs has as much calcium as ½ cup of milk. Calcium is a mineral that has a lot of uses in the body, but it is best known for its role in building healthy bones and teeth.
- Figs have been highly regarded over the years with the early Olympic Games presenting figs to the winners as ‘medals’.