POUCH PORTIONS: 8 pouches
- 140g (5 oz) apricots, chopped
- 140g (5 oz) peaches or nectarines, chopped
- Handful baby spinach (or 2-3 cubes of frozen spinach)
- ¾ cup plain yoghurt
- ¼ cup almond milk
- This is a simple one – just place all your ingredients in the blender and wizz until smooth, thick and creamy!
Did You Know?
- Interesting fact #1 – peaches, nectarines and apricots are part of the rose family!
- Interesting fact #2 – the peach is actually the same fruit as the nectarine, just with the addition of ‘fuzz’. They are genetically extremely similar, with the nectarine just having one recessive gene (the one that causes fuzz).
- Peaches offer a rich treasure of minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, manganese, phosphorous, zinc, and copper. Peaches are low in calories, contain no saturated fat or cholesterol, and are a good source of dietary fibre.
- Fruit variations for this recipe can include: mango and papaya for a tropical twist or strawberries, blueberries and raspberries for a berry-berry-yummy version.