AGE: +10 months
POUCH PORTIONS: 8 pouches
- 680g (1lb 8oz) carrots
- 1 ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger root
- ½ teaspoon turmeric – you can also use saffron or a mild curry powder.
- Note: start small with the turmeric – you can add more over time as kids get used to these flavours.
- Peel and chop carrots
- Place them in a saucepan and boil for 15 minutes or until soft, then drain
- Combine all ingredients and blend with a stick blender until smooth.
Did You Know?
- Carrots pair really well with yoghurt, as yoghurts slight acidity counterbalances the sweetness of carrot. Not only are they sweet and delicious, but recent research from Texas University indicated that moderate carrot consumption in kids can help combat childhood obesity.
- Turmeric is the spice that gives curry its yellow color. It has been used in India for thousands of years as a spice and medicinal herb. It has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant.
- Saffron is an excellent source of minerals like copper, potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, selenium, zinc and magnesium.