AGE: +12 months
POUCH PORTIONS: 6 pouches
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 45g (1½ oz) ground walnuts
- 2 apples
- 1-2 teaspoons honey
- Peel and chop your apples
- Put apples into saucepan with a splash of water and stew over low heat for about 20 minutes or until soft
- Allow apples to cool, then place all ingredients into a blender to obtain a creamy texture
- Fill in your pouches!
Did You Know?
- Walnuts are rich in heart-healthy fats and high in antioxidants. So go nuts and start including them more in their diet, by sneaking grounded nuts into smoothies, yoghurts and purees.
- For children over one year of age, honey can act as a natural and safe cough suppressant. Some studies show that it is even more effective than cough medication.
- The vitamins present in honey are many – B6, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid and certain amino acids. The minerals found in honey include calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and zinc.