AGE: +10 months
POUCH PORTIONS: 6-8 pouches
- 280g (10 oz) pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 280g (10 oz) broccoli
- ¼ cup semolina porridge (made using water or milk as per packet instructions)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Steam pumpkin and broccoli for 15 minutes or until soft
- Blend steamed vegetables with semolina porridge
- Stir in 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Add additional water if puree is too thick.
- Eating pumpkin is good for the heart. The fibre, potassium and vitamin C content in pumpkin all support heart health.
- Uncut pumpkins can be stored in a cool, dark place for up to 2 months, so you can always have one on hand!
- We all know broccoli is highly nutritious (in particular vitamin C, an immune system booster). But how do we get our littlies to eat it!? Mix it with sweet pumpkin and hide the taste of course! It is also great mixed with sweet potato or corn.
- Semolina is highly digestible and filling, so easy on little tummies and less in-between-meal snacking!