AGE: +6 months
POUCH PORTIONS: 8 pouches
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 50g (2 oz) pre-cooked brown rice
- 1/3 cup ricotta
- A pinch of powdered cinnamon
- A few drops olive oil
- Water as required.
- Steam sweet potatoes for 25-30 minutes (until tender) then allow to cool slightly
- Blend sweet potatoes with ricotta, pre-cooked brown rice, cinnamon and olive oil
- Add water as required.
- Sweet potatoes are loved by kids, so you can include them in most sweet or savoury dishes
- Sweet potatoes are essential in the prevention of diabetes, as they help to regulate blood sugar levels. This is a good way to offer your kids something sweet without adding sugar
- For babies, it is best to use sheep ricotta (if available), since it more easily digestible than traditional cow milk ricotta