AGE: +6 months
POUCH PORTIONS: 8 pouches
- 140g (5 oz) chicken breast, cooked
- 115g (4 oz) pre-cooked brown rice
- 2 fennel
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Wash and chop the fennel
- Steam the fennel until soft, then allow to cool
- Chop the cooked chicken breast into cubes ready for blending
- Blend chicken, fennel, pre-cooked rice and olive oil
- Note: add water as needed to reach the desired texture.
- Fennel has been known to reduce colic symptoms in babies. The reason being that essential oils in fennel stimulate secretion of digestive juices. Fennel is known to have antacid properties, and can also eliminate constipation.
- It is preferable to choose seasonal vegetables instead of frozen ones, so that they keep all their beneficial elements like minerals and vitamins. You can replace fennels with whatever fresh and organic vegetable you like.
- White meat such as chicken is very digestible and therefore ideal for babies and young kids. You can change it to turkey meat if you wish, which is another easily digested, lean and delicious meat!