AGE: +6 months
POUCH PORTIONS: 6-8 pouches
- 150g (5½ oz) chicken breast, cooked
- 115g (4 oz) cottage cheese
- ¾ cup milk – you can use any milk (almond, coconut or cow’s milk) OR the milk can be substituted with water
- 2 beetroots
- 1 medium potato
- Chop and peel beetroots and potato
- Dice chicken breast, panfry until cooked
- Steam vegetables for 20 minutes, or until soft
- Blend together with cottage cheese and some milk.
- Note: you can add additional milk if a more runnier texture is required.
- Beetroot is rich in antioxidants, which are great allies against cellular aging, so that they are an excellent food for both adults and children. You can steam more beets at a time and use them to garnish your salads and sandwiches. Steamed beetroot also freezes well.
- Remember to use gloves and an apron while cooking beetroot, since they stain a lot! And be sure not to place them on your favorite wooden board or it will become your favorite pink board!
- Chicken is particularly rich in iron and protein. Breast meat is lower in fat than chicken thighs, therefore more suitable for baby food recipes.